Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Day 2

Now that I have a blog I have a place to put all my inane stories. This one occurred this last Saturday, a fateful conjunction of my uncle's birthday party and the Fremont Summer Solstice [NSFW, seriously!], a little shindig in my part of the city where people bike around covered only in body paint and a weird little parade treads whimsically down the street. I happened to catch a glimpse of man-zebras on parade while slurping a bowl of pho, their erratic drumming followed by a quaint horn trio on a white pavilion. All this was great – who doesn't like a parade and naked people? I was also working on some awesome Mini Chocolate Tarts, a new recipe and practice for my horrible pie crust technique:


fig. 1 Mini Chocolate Tarts


The crusts were a tad undercooked and chewy, but my piping skills are awesome and the presentation was not that bad. So I was super eager to drive down to Fall City and have a blast with the family. And then i noticed my car was gone. And then I noticed signs telling me that my car would be towed if it had been there. I paused: yes, it had probably been there and had therefore probably gotten towed.

Wow, this is getting long and wordy. Short ending: I almost couldn't make it to the party but I sucked it up, got on the bus, and slowly made my way to the impound lot to pick up my car. The result was a fun night and some tasty food, and in the end, isn't that all that matters? No, because a damned hippie parade cost me $115 and a ride on the 358 bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment