Thursday, June 25, 2009

PyraCats!

Long day at work, but as I hopped off the bus I thought, "Hey guy, why not order up some indian and get a new book?" My retort was, "Hey why not? High-five!" At which point I made an odd clapping gesture and made things weird for everyone around me.

Regardless I phoned in a curry pick up order and checked out the local bookstore. Evaluation: awesome. It's a small place, but they've gone through all the trouble of making sure each and every book is worth it, as all my favorites were right there and others, wishlisted cravings from Amazon, winked at me, "Do it do it do it!". And of all the sweet crap they had, I ended up walking home with Seamus Heaney's District and Circle, a book of poems. Why the hell did I pick up a book of poems? As a self-proclaimed philistine, I hate poetry. And yet maybe my brain stuffs are evolving, because if I take the time to process what is actually on the page, it's awesome.

Anywho, Kim launched her blog and made an outright, completely honest attack on my person. But instead of pointing out that those kids ought to thank me for teaching them in the school of hard knocks, I drew a pirate with a box companion and an odd obsession with cats. I don't know why...


Although Carlson was not created with the ability to speak, his advanced CardSpeak technology allows him to say three phrases: "Avast", "Yargh", and "What is its Zagat review?"

No comments:

Post a Comment