Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Days of Paul


I go through cycles.


Today was nonstop work with only a Baguette Box break (truffle fries!). My brain was fried after work, but that didn't stop me from working the aforementioned stupid funny watercolor and a side writing project. And then I found out that the local hippy-mart stays open until midnight which meant that I could make granola. I've been feeling the after-lunch brain slump pretty heavily lately, so breakfast is just what I need to say, "Hey stomach, it's morning, and you know I love you, so here's a little something-something from your pal: me!" So at about 10:30 I took a super leisurely stroll down the lamp-lit streets of Fremont, listening to disc 2 of Orphans (Bawlers) and almost felt like I was back on Ludlow in Cincinnati.

And tomorrow I have almond-cranberry-dark chocolate granola to wake me up. Huzzah!

PS: The way I make granola completely reverses the healthy benefits of said hippy food. Think butter and honey. But mostly think butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment